TRIO - Student Support Services
We are happy to introduce the "SSS Milestones of Success" for SSS students. Eligible students may join and proceed through a series of milestones ensuring their success as the SSS staff provides individualized services and monitors progress from start to finish. The milestones include the following:
- Joining the Program - SSS offers enhanced support services to eligible participants in a one-on-one environment. Students who want access to these services and are eligible may enter the road to success by joining the SSS family.
- Assessment - SSS understands one area of a student's life interacts and affects all other areas. We strive for students' overall and complete success by providing a variety of academic, personal, career, and financial assessments.
- Connection - Making the transition from high school to college can be a challenge! The orientation class (Connections) provides important information and tools to make the transition a smooth one. We want every student to have a good start on the road to college success.
- Action Plan - Each SSS student has access to the expertise of the SSS staff. Working together they will create an action plan that will meet the student's needs and ensure student success.
Joining the Program
Click here for the Student Application - PDF. Once complete, please bring your application materials to the office in the Main Classroom Building (MCB), room 230.
Support Services are FREE to all TRiO SSS participants and include:
- Academic Advising
- Career Development
- Transfer Assistance/Advising
- Computer Lab
- Technology Check-Out
- Cultural Events
Why Choose TRiO SSS?
What makes TRiO SSS unique? With other services offered at UACCB why should a student choose to participate in TRiO?
- One-on-one personal tutoring, not drop-in
- Open door policy for all advisors - Come in to chat, ask questions, or discuss issues at any time. Exceptions may apply during peak registration.
- Transfer Assistance including trips, meeting with transfer reps, help with applications, etc.
- Technology Check Out - Participants can check out laptops and digital voice recorders during the semester. iPads are available for use in tutoring and graphing calculators are available to use in the TRiO Computer Lab.
- Student Symposium - Each semester TRiO SSS hosts a one day series of workshops designed to meet student needs.
- Cultural Events - Each semester participants have the opportunity to attend a unique cultural event planned and sponsored by TRiO SSS. These events are designed to broaden the horizons of UACCB students.
- Scholarships - Once per year participants enrolled in a transfer degree who meet all of their TRiO SSS responsibilities are eligible to apply for grant aid from TRiO SSS.
You are qualified to participate:
- Low Income, or
- First Generation College Student, or
- Documented learning and/or physical disability
In addition all students must:
- Be a US citizen or national of the US
- Possess the potential and motivation for college success
- Demonstrate an academic need for support
TRiO SSS Student Responsibilities - As part of participating in TRiO SSS, participants are expected to do the following each semester:
- Meet with their TRiO Advisor twice
- Maintain good standing with TRiO tutoring
- Attend two workshops
- Attend one Financial Literacy Workshop
Student Support Services is a grant program funded by the U.S. Department of Education whose mission is to advance and defend the ideal of equal educational opportunity by helping disadvantaged students overcome economic, social, academic, and cultural barriers to higher education.
Meet the TRiO/Student Support Services team! We are here to help. The TRiO/SSS office is located on the UACCB Campus in the Main Classroom Building, Room 230. Hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm. Call directly at 870-612-2173.